Today is another cardio day in the gym. Be sure that you can get 26-30 minutes of cardio in as early in the day as you can so it doesn't get crowded out.
If you're still feeling sore and tight from yesterday's leg workout, just do a lighter cardio workout instead. This will help get the blood flowing throughout the body and help reduce the soreness in your muscles.
Week 3, Day 18 Cardio & Guilt-Free Snacking
Watch the video: 2:05
Many people have it in their mind that they should avoid snacking on a diet to lose weight, but this is exactly opposite of the case. Remember earlier how we talked about frequent meals and preventing the body from storing fat? Well, snacking is what accomplishes this.
Snacking or mini-meals make all the difference in helping you comply with your 5 meal per day Lean Body nutrition program.
- Cottage Cheese, canned Tuna, Chicken Breast or a Protein Shake will all work great for your protein source. Pair this with a slow digesting, complex carbohydrate such as Whole Grain Rice, Sweet Potato, Baked Potato, or Oatmeal. At one or two of these snacks you may add a tablespoon of Fish Oil, Olive Oil, or Flaxseed Oil for healthy fats.
- Aim for a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon for best results. If you train after your mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, this in fact, becomes your pre-workout snack that we have discussed in earlier episodes.
- If you need it, you may have a small Protein Shake before bed.
- Avoid carbohydrates right before going to sleep since you won't need the carbohydrate form of energy at this time.
Just think of it as breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a mid-morning and mid afternoon snack. Voila! 5 meals.
- Minutes 1-2: Level One (Easy resistance)
- Minutes 3-5: Level Two (Moderate resistance)
- Minutes 6-9: Level Three (Difficult resistance)
- Minutes 10-11: Level Two
- Minutes 12-15: Level Three
- Minutes 16-17: Level Two
- Minutes 18-21: Level Three
- Minutes 22-24: Level Two
- Minutes 25-26: Level One
Make sure you have a few smart snacks in your plan for tomorrow's menu and check out the next episode for your back and biceps workout!