Lee Labrada's 12-Week Lean Body Trainer - Week 3, Day 15
Things look good this week to make some serious gains in the gym and kick up your fat loss!
Things look good this week to make some serious gains in the gym and kick up your fat loss! Today you need to do 26-30 minutes of cardio. Remember to look at the sample cardio routine I gave you with the Training Overview and also on Day 1. It's important to push yourself during those intervals.
Week 3, Day 15 Cardio, Fit Recipes & Revving Your Metabolism
Watch the video: 3:06
How many times have you heard someone say - or perhaps you've said it yourself-- that I can't lose weight because I just have a slow metabolism? Many people use this excuse but it's not a valid one. What you must remember is that your metabolism is highly influenced by what you do on a daily basis.
When you starve yourself all day and then binge on high fat and high calorie foods later, your metabolism slows down and your body becomes very skilled at storing body fat.
On the other hand, when you eat meals that contain a mix of quality proteins and carbohydrates, regularly spaced throughout the day, your body no longer stores fat since it knows fuel is being eaten regularly. Our goal with this program is to outsmart your metabolism.
So don't use the 'slow metabolism' excuse any longer. If you work hard at it, you can create the metabolism you want.
Now for the good stuff. Your recommended meal of the week is Quick Lasagna and Wild Rice with Cranberries and Pecans. This meal fits perfectly into the Lean Body Nutrition Program, and I love these recipes because they combine taste, healthy nutrition and convenience. To learn how to make these foods check out the complete recipes in the Lean Body Recipes Guide.
Labrada's 7 Day Meal Plan PDF (155 KB)
Estimated Prep Time: 5 min
Estimated Cook Time: 15 min
Makes 4 servings
- 1 package Bow Tie Pasta (1 pound)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh Garlic
- 1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey Breast
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Large pasta pot; large skillet.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. When done, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is soft, about 5 min.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring to break up clumps, until the meat is cooked through, about 10 min. (There should be no grease to drain) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cottage cheese and mix well. It will start getting gooey.
- Divide the pasta into bowls. Spoon the meat mixture on top, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Quick "Lasagna" PDF (78 KB)
Wild Rice With Cranberries And Pecans
Estimated Prep Time: 5 min
Estimated Cook Time: 45 min
Makes 4-5 Servings
Serve hot as a side dish, or let this cool before you portion it into plastic bags for future meals.
- 2 cups short-grain Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup Wild Rice
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Pecans
- Fine-mesh strainer; medium saucepan with cover.
- Place the brown rice and wild rice in a strainer and rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine the rices and bouillon cubes in the saucepan with 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Stir once, cover, and turn heat down low. Cook the rice at a slow bubble until all the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
Wild Rice With Cranberries Amd Pecans PDF (78 KB)
Today is your active rest day, and besides doing cardio, another way you can use your rest period is to work on your flexibility. It's something that does take a lot of work but the benefits will pay off in the long run. Spend an extra ten minutes stretching after your cardio today to help reduce soreness from your workouts and improve your flexibility.
- Minutes 1-2: Level One (Easy resistance)
- Minutes 3-5: Level Two (Moderate resistance)
- Minutes 6-9: Level Three (Difficult resistance)
- Minutes 10-11: Level Two
- Minutes 12-15: Level Three
- Minutes 16-17: Level Two
- Minutes 18-21: Level Three
- Minutes 22-24: Level Two
- Minutes 25-26: Level One