Welcome to day 5! I hope you've learned a lot so far and are starting to get the hang of all these positive changes you're making in your life.
Today you're going to work your Back and Biceps, and that means you'll also be doing 26-30 minutes of Cardio Training. First, it's time to talk a little more about your Pre and Post Workout Nutrition.
Week 1, Day 5 Back, Biceps & Fueling Your Body!
Watch the video: 5:02
Pre And Post Workout Nutrition
Two of the most important times to feed your body the fuel it needs are immediately before and after your workout. You'll also want to consume a high quality source of protein for the amino acids the muscles need to rebuild and repair themselves. If either of these two pieces of the equation are missing, you are not going to get the results you want from your workouts. It's really can't-miss nutrition here.
- Before the workout, have 1 scoop of Protein Powder with some Oatmeal, this will help you power through.
- After your workout the best option is consuming 1 scoop of a high quality Whey Protein Powder along with some fast acting Carbohydrates such as a Banana or a Bagel with Jam.
- After you finish your Post-Workout Shake, you should aim to have your next solid food meal within about 45 minutes to an hour as well to help promote maximum recovery.
You have a short window of time after the workout during which your muscles are really going to absorb the nutrients so you must make it a priority to get that post-workout shake and carb snack in.
- Minutes 1-2: Level One (Easy resistance)
- Minutes 3-5: Level Two (Moderate resistance)
- Minutes 6-9: Level Three (Difficult resistance)
- Minutes 10-11: Level Two
- Minutes 12-15: Level Three
- Minutes 16-17: Level Two
- Minutes 18-21: Level Three
- Minutes 22-24: Level Two
- Minutes 25-26: Level One