Today is your first active rest day and you should do 26-30 minutes of cardio today. Remember to go with high-intensity interval cardio, and it's best to do cardio first thing in the morning. For a sample cardio workout, check out the page below.
Week 1, Day 3 Cardio & Fit Food Shopping!
Watch the video: 4:21
Active Rest Day - Cardio
- Minutes 1-2: Level One (Easy resistance)
- Minutes 3-5: Level Two (Moderate resistance)
- Minutes 6-9: Level Three (Difficult resistance)
- Minutes 10-11: Level Two
- Minutes 12-15: Level Three
- Minutes 16-17: Level Two
- Minutes 18-21: Level Three
- Minutes 22-24: Level Two
- Minutes 25-26: Level One
Shopping For Lean Body Foods
I want to talk today about how to navigate the grocery store for all the foods you'll use with your Lean Body nutrition program.
1 Read Nutrition Labels
It's always important to read nutrition labels carefully.
If a product gives a percentage of fat by weight, be warned - this product likely contains more fat than you bargained for.
To figure out the percent fat, just multiply the grams of fat per serving by 9 calories per gram and then divide that number by the calories per serving. If it's 20% or higher, put that food back on the self.
2 Be Sure To Check Serving Sizes Listed On The Product
Most of us eat far more than normal serving size. So, if a product claims it's 'fat free' because it only contains 0.5 grams of fat, and you end up eating six servings, all of a sudden you've actually eaten 3 grams of fat.
3 Try And Avoid Food Out Of A Package
If the food is sealed in a plastic wrapper or is bleached white - it's likely overprocessed, full of sugar, and won't help you with your Lean Body Challenge.
Be sure to avoid cold cuts or processed meats. They have too many chemicals to be putting into your body. Not to mention, processed meats such as sliced turkey are often loaded with hidden fat calories.
4 Beware Of Dressings And Condiments
5 Avoid Food With 'Hydrogenated Oil' On The Package
This ingredient must be avoided at all costs.
6 Consider A Few Things In The Dairy Aisle
7 Choose Lean Meats
8 Avoid Soda And Alcohol At All Costs
They contain empty calories and can immediately take your body out of fat burning mode.
- The way you cook your foods is going to have a big impact on the results you get from your diet, so it's important that you come up with creative and healthy cooking solutions that will reduce the addition of fat and calories to your meals.
- The healthiest forms of cooking to go with include steaming, broiling, grilling, or baking. all of these will be lower in calories.
- Never fry anything with Oil or Butter. Instead, saute your food in low-sodium Chicken Broth or a small amount of Olive Oil.
- To help flavor your foods, consider adding some Herbs or low-sodium Spices. They won't add any additional calories and may even provide some positive health benefits. Or you can try Mustard, Balsamic Vinegar or a little bit of Hot Sauce to add some excitement to your meals.
- By paying attention to how you're preparing your foods, you can rest assured that you're only getting the high quality nutrients that you intend to put in your body.