JNL On The Go, Episode 1 — Find Your Motivation
If you don't believe in yourself then who will? As a mom, a wife, and a very busy modern day multi-tasking woman, you need to give yourself the gift of exercise and self respect!
You should cherish who you are and practice self love. You are worthy enough to eat healthy, supplement wisely and get a great workout during your hectic day. I know it's hard to put your health and wellbeing first sometimes, but if you don't take care of yourself, then you won't be able to take care of your loved ones.
Let's do it together!
Find Your Motivation
Watch The Video - 7:49
Get Motivated The JNL Way
Everyone has a To-Do list, but you can do a lot of to-dos and at the end of the day they don't get you anywhere. Follow my tips within the five categories below to learn how to live with a purpose and accomplish your dreams.
Only you can MAKE it a great day!
JNL Tips On The Go ///
1 / Priorities
- It's important that you check your priorities everyday and determine what YOU want to do based on what you want to accomplish.
- Make sure you are true to yourself. I as a devoted wife and mother always make sure my husband, my kids and my close loved ones come first - that is my foundation!
- Follow your heart and do what you love! Only then will you discover your passion.
- Take care of yourself. If you can't take care of yourself, you can't take care of others.
- We all suffer from the Superwoman syndrome, but we can't do it all. Make sure you chunk it down and do what's important.
2 / Goals
- It's important to set goals and plan to achieve them - set your eye on the prize!
- Identify what your goals are and ask yourself why you want those things.
- And finally, ask yourself how you're going to make these things happen.
3 / Stress
- It is absolutely critical to manage stress in your daily life.
- Working out and eating healthy will actually help you cope with stress better.
- Make your mind your best friend and tell yourself that you can and will get through stressful situations.
- Set aside time to mediate or to self reflect. The power of contrast is important, because no matter how big your problems seem, someone else has it 10 times worse than you.
- Don't emotional eat. Women have a tendency to latch onto food to help comfort them in stressful times.
4 / Schedule
- Set yourself up for success by using daily planners, calendars, and reminders in your cell phone to stay organized throughout your day.
- Energy management is important for getting your tasks done with time efficiency. Accomplishing certain tasks in the morning when you're fresh and energized is better than waiting until late in the day when you're tired.
- Workout in the morning because you'll get it out of the way, and you'll have that much more energy throughout the day to stick to your to-dos.
5 / Accountability
- By joining BodySpace, you can link to a fitness community where members will give you free advice and hold you accountable to your goals.
- Remember that readers are leaders. If you educate yourself as much as possible on the latest and greatest in the fitness world, you'll have the ammunition to change your attitude towards training, nutrition and supplementation.
- Give yourself the gift of fitness and push yourself to the next level.
- And most of all you have me to help you to hold yourself accountable! Find me on BodySpace at JNL.
- Follow This Discussion by:
I haven't lost a huge amount of weight but I feel amazing I am not only doing jnl workouts 4 days a week but I am also taking classes like step class kick boxing and at the end of the month my amazing hubby just got us mud run tickets so I have been running every other day to be able to get through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo I am excited
I think I'm going to start the workouts this week, as soon as I can figure out a good time to dedicate to it. I have approximately 45 days till I have abdominal surgery and the bounce back is going to be painful if I don't work on my weight now. Wish me luck and determination
I like the article and where she establishes goals and priorities, as well as utilizing your most energized times for when you need it. As a mother that is juggling school, family and work prioritizing is a must, but something that is the first to go. I hope that after the 84 days I am trimmer and leaner and more energized to accomplish my goals.
I think I discovered you at just the right moment in life! I,m claiming my life back! I,ve had enough of taking my health and life for granted. I love your energy and enthusiasm and I,m hoping your great energy rubs off on me! Can,t wait to get going! XXX
ok, so I am super new to this stuff..I have just found out I have a hereditary disease that's making It twice as hard to loose weight. Ive been treated and given the OK to pursue a weight loss plan. Im a mom of four, recently laid off so I have to look for a new job and I am a full time student and wife. Im super busy and need a realistic routine. So far, Ive stuck with walking on the treadmill with 10 pound weights, doing some curls, etc...I mean its nothing extreme. When everyone is in bed, I start my lunges, squats and dips, all with holding my 10 pound weights. Ive grown to enjoy them. Im going to start this workout tomorrow morning--I have a lot of weight to loose (as you can see) and my only motivation was my diagnosis, it wasn't good man. So, for me and the kids and the man...lets live on. Will report back tomorrow. Thank you!
So I have a question. I am still Breastfeeding my youngest and half the shakes and supplements I find say "do not take while nursing or pregnant" so what can you suggest as natural ways or other ways all together that I can still get the results that I need and want?
Getting ready to start the transformation challenge. I'm really excited. I'm not happy with my body right now I'm in the worst shape that I've been in quite a few years and I'm going to turn myself around. I love the high I get from a great workout and I can't wait to feel that again!