Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head Images
Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head Instructions
- To begin, stand straight with a barbell in your hands. You should grip the bar with palms facing down and a closer than shoulder width grip apart from each other.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart from each other. Your elbows should be slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Lift the barbell up until it is directly over your head while exhaling. Make sure to keep your elbows slightly bent when performing each repetition.
- Once you feel the contraction, begin to lower the barbell back down to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: This exercise can also be performed with dumbbells in each hand or by using a close or wide grip with the barbell. By alternating the widths of your grip, you will be able to contract different parts of the shoulders for an overall better physique.