Decline Smith Press Images
Decline Smith Press Instructions
- Place a decline bench underneath the Smith machine. Now place the barbell at a height that you can reach when lying down and your arms are almost fully extended. Using a pronated grip that is wider than shoulder width, unlock the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you with your arms extended. This will be your starting position.
- As you inhale, lower the bar under control by allowing the elbows to flex, lightly contacting the torso.
- After a brief pause, bring the bar back to the starting position by extending the elbows, exhaling as you do so.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- When the set is complete, lock the bar back in the rack.