Weighted Ball Side Bend Images
Weighted Ball Side Bend Instructions
- To begin, lie down on an exercise ball with your left side of the torso (waist, hips and shoulder) pressed against the ball.
- Your feet should be on the floor while your legs are crossed and hanging from the ball. Hold a weighted plate with your right hand directly to the right side of your head. Tip: Make sure the smooth side of the plate is resting against your head.
- Place your left arm across your torso so that your palm is on your obliques. There should be a right angle between your left forearm and upper arm. This is the starting position.
- Raise the side of your torso up by laterally flexing at the waist while exhaling.
- Hold the contraction for a second and slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Switch sides and repeat the exercise.
Caution: If new to this exercise it is best to perform it without any weights until you develop good form.