Oblique Crunches - On The Floor Images
- Start out by lying on your right side with your legs lying on top of each other. Make sure your knees are bent a little bit.
- Place your left hand behind your head.
- Once you are in this set position, begin by moving your left elbow up as you would perform a normal crunch except this time the main emphasis is on your obliques.
- Crunch as high as you can, hold the contraction for a second and then slowly drop back down into the starting position.
- Remember to breathe in during the eccentric (lowering) part of the exercise and to breathe out during the concentric (elevation) part of the exercise.
Note: While you cannot add resistance to this exercise you can concentrate on perfect execution and slow speed.