Standing Palms-Up Barbell Behind The Back Wrist Curl Images
Standing Palms-Up Barbell Behind The Back Wrist Curl Instructions
- Start by standing straight and holding a barbell behind your glutes at arm's length while using a pronated grip (palms will be facing back away from the glutes) and having your hands shoulder width apart from each other.
- You should be looking straight forward while your feet are shoulder width apart from each other. This is the starting position.
- While exhaling, slowly elevate the barbell up by curling your wrist in a semi-circular motion towards the ceiling. Note: Your wrist should be the only body part moving for this exercise.
- Hold the contraction for a second and lower the barbell back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- When finished, lower the barbell down to the squat rack or the floor by bending the knees. Tip: It is easiest to either pick it up from a squat rack or have a partner hand it to you.
Variations: You can also perform this exercise with dumbbells using the same movements as described above. Another option is to use one dumbbell at a time for better isolation.