Wide-Grip Standing Barbell Curl Images
Wide-Grip Standing Barbell Curl Instructions
- Stand up with your torso upright while holding a barbell at the wide outer handle. The palm of your hands should be facing forward. The elbows should be close to the torso. This will be your starting position.
- While holding the upper arms stationary, curl the weights forward while contracting the biceps as you breathe out. Tip: Only the forearms should move.
- Continue the movement until your biceps are fully contracted and the bar is at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second and squeeze the biceps hard.
- Slowly begin to bring the bar back to starting position as your breathe in.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- You can also perform this movement using an E-Z bar or E-Z attachment hooked to a low pulley. This variation seems to really provide a good contraction at the top of the movement.
- You may also use the closer grip for variety purposes.