Close-grip pull-down Images
Close-grip pull-down Instructions
- Sit down on a pull-down machine with a V-Bar attached to the top pulley.
- Adjust the knee pad of the machine to fit your height. These pads will prevent your body from being raised by the resistance attached to the bar.
- Grab the V-bar with the palms facing each other (a neutral grip). Stick your chest out and lean yourself back slightly (around 30-degrees) in order to better engage the lats. This will be your starting position.
- Using your lats, pull the bar down as you squeeze your shoulder blades. Continue until your chest nearly touches the V-bar. Exhale as you execute this motion. Tip: Keep the torso stationary throughout the movement.
- After a second hold on the contracted position, slowly bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe in.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Caution: Avoid the temptation to use a weight so big that you need to start swinging your torso in order to perform the exercise.