Lying Close-Grip Bar Curl On High Pulley Images
Lying Close-Grip Bar Curl On High Pulley Instructions
- Place a flat bench in front of a high pulley or lat pulldown machine.
- Hold the straight bar attachment using an underhand grip (palms up) that is about shoulder width.
- Lie on your back with your head over the end of the bench.
- Now extend your arms straight above your shoulders. Your torso and your arms should make a 90-degree angle and the elbows should be in. This will be your starting position.
- As you breathe out, curl the bar down in a semicircular motion until it touches your chin. Squeeze the biceps for a second at the top contracted position. Tip: As you execute this motion only the forearms should move. At no time should the upper arms be moving at all. They are to remain perpendicular throughout the movement.
- Return to starting position slowly.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can also curl down to above your head, rather than to your chin or use an E-Z Bar Attachment instead of a straight one.