Pallof press with rotation Images
Pallof press with rotation Instructions
- Connect a standard handle to a tower, and position the cable to shoulder height.
- With your side to the cable, grab the handle with one hand and step away from the tower. You should be approximately armâ€™s length away from the pulley, with the tension of the weight on the cable. Align outstretched arm with cable.
- With your feet positioned hip-width apart, pull the cable into your chest and grab the handle with your other hand. Both hands should be on the handle at this time.
- Facing forward, press the cable away from your chest. You core should be tight and engaged.
- Keeping your hips straight, twist your torso away from the pulley until you get a full quarter rotation.
- Maintain your rigid stance and straight arms. Return to the neutral position in a slow and controlled manner. Your arms should be extended in front of you.
- With the side tension still engaging your core, bring your hands to your chest and immediately press outward to a fully extended position. This constitutes one rep.
- Repeat to failure.
- Then, reposition and repeat the same series of movements on the opposite side.
Tip: The closer you keep your feet together, the greater the core activation. A wide base puts the pressure on your legs instead of your core.