Overhead Squat Images
- Start out by having a barbell in front of you on the floor. Your feet should be wider than shoulder width apart from each other.
- Bend the knees and use a pronated grip (palms facing you) to grab the barbell. Your hands should be at a wider than shoulder width apart from each other before lifting. Once you are positioned, lift the barbell up until you can rest it on your chest.
- Move the barbell over and slightly behind your head and make sure your arms are fully extended. Keep your head up at all times and also maintain a straight back. Retract your shoulder blades. This is your starting position.
- Slowly lower the weight by bending your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground while inhaling. Tip: Keep your back straight while performing this exercise to avoid any injuries and your arms should remain extended and over your head at all times.
- Now use your feet and legs to help bring the weight back up to the starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Caution: Use a weight that you are comfortable with to develop proper form.