Lying Rear Delt Raise Images
Lying Rear Delt Raise Instructions
- While holding a dumbbell in each hand, lay with your chest down on a flat bench.
- Position the palms of the hands in a neutral manner (palms facing your torso) as you keep the arms extended with the elbows slightly bent. This will be your starting position.
- Now raise the arms to the side until your elbows are at shoulder height and your arms are roughly parallel to the floor as you exhale. Tip: Maintain your arms perpendicular to the torso while keeping them extended throughout the movement. Also, keep the contraction at the top for a second.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and then switch to the other arm.
Variations: You can perform this exercise with just one arm and also keeping the palms of the hands facing back as opposed to facing your torso.