Dumbbell jump squat Images
Dumbbell jump squat Instructions
- Position your feet into a slightly wider-than-shoulder-width stance with your toes slightly pointed out and knees slightly bent. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand and let your arms hang down by your sides with your palms facing your thighs (neutral grip). Keep your neck neutral and maintain a straight back. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into a squat by pushing your hips and butt backwards. Continue down until the upper legs are at or just below parallel to the floor.
- Once you reach your bottom position, powerfully push through your heels to jump upwards, making sure to keep your arms fully extended by your side.
- Once you land (land on the balls of your feet), you've completed one repetition. Immediately propel yourself upwards into a second repetition.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.