Cable Russian Twists Images
Cable Russian Twists Instructions
- Connect a standard handle attachment, and position the cable to a middle pulley position.
- Lie on a stability ball perpendicular to the cable and grab the handle with one hand. You should be approximately armâ€™s length away from the pulley, with the tension of the weight on the cable.
- Grab the handle with both hands and fully extend your arms above your chest. You hands should be directly in-line with the pulley. If not, adjust the pulley up or down until they are.
- Keep your hips elevated and abs engaged. Rotate your torso away from the pulley for a full-quarter rotation. Your body should be flat from head to knees.
- Pause for a moment and in a slow and controlled manner reset to the starting position. You should still have side tension on the cable in the resting position.
- Repeat the same movement to failure.
- Then, reposition and repeat the same series of movements on the opposite side.
Tip: Itâ€™s extremely important to keep your hips elevated during this exercise. If you do it correctly, your upper back will be on the ball, but your lower back and rear-end will be completely unsupported. Keeping your hips elevated will engage your core (lower back and abdominals), and make the exercise more effective.