Brad Borland, MA, CSCS, holds a master’s degree in kinesiology. He's also a university lecturer and a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
He started out as a skinny kid struggling to gain every ounce of muscle. As a young kid, at 6-foot-2 and 125 pounds, he wasn’t too intimidating.
He has competed as a drug-free natural bodybuilder, winning a few shiny trophies, and has trained, motivated, consulted, and harassed many clients from all aspects of life, from the competitive bodybuilder and athlete to the elderly and rehabilitated.
Having trained in commercial health clubs, wellness clinics, hospitals, university facilities, and military installations such as tents, sand pits, and old Russian bunkers, Borland has also helped many with diets and eating habits as well as contest preparation.
Borland is a veteran of the Air National Guard, and proudly served on several deployments, including Afghanistan in 2003. However, upon coming home from Afghanistan, he was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, an immune-system cancer which his brother and father had also survived. He went through nine months of chemotherapy before a full recovery, and gained back most of his hair.
When his wife isn’t telling him to quit flexing, he currently writes for several sites on the subjects of training, nutrition, supplements, motivation, and everything cool.
Borland has a precious son with his beautiful wife, Courtney.
- 2005 NGA Natural Louisiana: 2nd Heavyweight
- 2005 Musclemania Superbody: 6th Heavyweight
- 2003 Musclemania Texas: 1st Novice and 3rd Heavyweight
- 2003 Musclemania Delta: 2nd Heavyweight
- 2001 Musclemania Delta: 2nd Heavyweight
- 1999 Natural Louisiana Classic: 3rd Open Heavyweight
- 1998 Natural Louisiana Classic: 2nd Novice
- 1998 Natural Gulf Coast Night of Champions: 1st Novice
- No articles found