I'm going to talk about how to build a body part, which is probably the most ignored body part by most people who lift weights, which happen to be your legs. Legs are an incredible body part.
They can tell the story of someone's lifting history. How long ago he or she started, how hard he or she trains legs, how much a person pays attention to detail, etc. I could go on. We use our legs more than any other body part and that's one reason why we should have big, strong legs!
A lot of guys ignore legs because they think the opposite sex only cares about arms, chest, and abs. Not true. Well first of all let me say if the only reason your lifting is to impress the ladies, your doing it for the wrong reason. You should be lifting for yourself. But hey, at least your lifting.
Now, back to the article. I have had a lot of women say that strong big legs are just as much as a turn on to them as a big rippled chest or humongous arms.
My routine helped me build big, separated legs that I am very proud of, and if you work hard, it should work for you too. You just gotta eat enough and recover. Here's my routine. I train legs 1x every 2 weeks, but only because they grow like crazy. You should lift legs every week.
- Warm up with a light set of squats
- Leg press: 3 sets at 10-8-6
- Squats: 3 sets at 10-8-6
- Every month and a half I throw in an additional 2 sets of negatives on the leg extension machine.
- 3 sets of seated leg curls at 10-8-8
- 3 sets of stiff legged deadlifts at 10-8-8
- 3 sets of standing leg curls at 10-10-10
- Warm up with a set of standing calve raises.
- 3 sets of standing calve raises at 30-20-10
- 3 sets of sitting calve raises at 30-20-10
- I usually walk to the changing room and out to my car on my toes so I really work my calves.
This routine will defiantly build some gigantic legs! You should stick with this routine at least 6 weeks to see some results. If you do this routine properly, you shouldn't be able to walk out of the gym.
No I'm just playing, but your legs should be sore for days after your workout. It's very important you eat properly, eat a lot, and get a lot of rest. You don't grow in the gym!
Some people mistake growth with the pump you get after a set, which is just blood flowing into the muscle. Good luck and thanks for reading my article.
Best Quads Of The Forum:
Click To Enlarge.
View More Here.