Well-rounded doesn't just apply to Amanda Latona's body. This fitness Renaissance woman is a successful recording artist, 2009 Flex Bikini Model Search Championships Winner, BSN-sponsored athlete, IFBB Bikini Pro, and Muscle and Fitness Hers cover model.
She does it all--works out, researches fitness, competes in shows, does modeling, and even finds time to play as well.
Amanda also manages to keep a tight and toned tail end with a pro bikini glute workout designed to take your butt from "bleh" to bodacious.
This is the workout you can use to build a backside with the right size, tone, and shape.
These exercises will work your glutes from every angle imaginable, so don't be surprised to hear "BOW-CHICKA-WOW-WOW" in the background when you walk down the street.
Amanda's Pro Bikini Glute Workout
Watch The Video - 8:36
Amanda Latona's Glute Workout
3 sets of 10-12 reps
3 sets of 10-12 reps
3 drop sets of 10-15 reps, each leg
3 sets of 10-12 reps, finish with 5 partial reps
Quick Training Tips to Bust Your Butt:
- You can do this workout two times a week if you want. I like doing mine on Monday and Friday.
- If you're a beginner, start by completing only three exercises per workout or use lighter weight. We don't want any injuries!
- Safety first! Use a spotter if possible.
- Remember to complete those extra partial reps to really give your glutes a good burn.
- For leg presses, don't let your knees be positioned in front of your toes, and remember to press through your heels.
- On the Smith Press Lunge, make sure your front foot position is far forward.
- When doing the butt blaster, alternate each leg every set to keep your heart rate up, and remember to squeeze at the top of each rep.
- For the cable kick-backs, use a standing upright position with lighter weight, or a leaned-forward position with heavier weight, and never let your foot touch the ground!
- On the hip abductor exercise, try sitting far forward so you can lift heavier weight and remember to squeeze at the end of your third set for a few seconds before doing your partial reps.
And for the real deal experience, try supplementing your glute workouts with Amanda Latona's very own performance stack!
Lettin' Loose with Latona
We know Amanda can break a sweat in the gym, so we decided to throw some heat her way with a few inquisitive curve balls, in order to see what Amanda Latona is all about--no "buts" about it.
Well first of all, I love living in Las Vegas! And one of my guilty pleasures is penny slots. Oh yes, I said it. My mom and I have been known to hit the penny slots for hours of fun. That being said, I'm not a huge gambler but… wait, I just remembered a bet I did take, oh my goodness!
When I used to bartend here in Las Vegas at a high-limit lounge, we had to wear cute black dresses that were sleeveless, so you can only imagine how many bar patrons saw my athletic arms and asked "Do you workout?" come on guys, get a better opening line!
Anyway I was challenged to an arm wrestling match with a guy! And this wasn't the first time either - you'd be surprised just how many times I got asked that.
So I gave the usual "Um, no thank you, I'm a girl, darn it!" response, but he kept asking. He finally asked one last time, but this time he slapped a $100 bill on the table, so I did what any girl would do - I took the bet, and I won!
Yes sir, I beat a grown man at arm wrestling! The sad thing is this man lost an arm wrestling match to a girl when he was in the 5th grade, and his friends wanted him to do it again because he talks about it all the time. I had to be the one to give him yet another emotional scar.
The perfect man.
Oh, I do love me some karaoke. As far as the song, it totally depends, but "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera is definitely a must. But if I'm drinking, then "In da Club" by 50 Cent is my beat (yes, I've been known to rap).
Working out is just something I absolutely love, and I'm blessed enough to make a living doing it. I constantly mix my workouts up, try new things, and read as much as I can to get new information. The more you know, the more you can do.
As far as particular activities to keep things interesting... haha, that makes me laugh.
Alright, what's the deal with Crocs? Come on, I was baffled and severely disturbed when I saw one pair, but now a whole store with various styles and colors?
I don't care how comfortable they are! They will never be cute, especially in bright yellow.
Right before I started dieting for this competition season, I had the worst meal ever! I was in Arizona where they have Waffle House (I hadn't been to one since living in Florida where they were everywhere).
Anyway I had not one, but two huge waffles with scrambled eggs and cheese plus a patty melt with hash browns, chili and more cheese! Yes, I can eat.
Confidence! Confidence and a commanding presence go a long way. Learn to love yourself in a healthy way, but keep in mind there's definitely a huge difference between confidence and arrogance.
Confidence is attractive and arrogance is disgusting, so always remember to be thankful and humble.
- Fitness tip: Don't forget to train your legs - no sticks allowed.
- Attitude tip: Never lie! Honesty is highly respected.
- Style tip: Don't rock flip-flops, or Crocs for that matter, with your nasty hairy feet. Be manicured, everywhere.
Learn Italian, of course!
Recommended For You
If your calves are stuck at skinny-kid status, then you're probably making one or more of these 6 mistakes. Fix common calf-training blunders and turn your calves into cows!
What's the fastest way to bigger, bolder shoulders? Why, following the 16 laws of shoulder training, of course.
You may not know it, but you're probably not getting the most from your biceps curls—and your arms are suffering for it. Here's how to make every curl more effective!
My current goal is to fill out my glutes now that I've (sadly) lost 3 inches off my booty with my leaning out process. Got to earn my McBooty nickname back!
I'll be killing this glute workout from now on and look forward to showing my successful progress!
Ever since I started this program I've gotten a ton of complements on my glutes! LOVE IT! Just two times a week and I add 5-10lb.s per week. It really knocked my problem area out which is the top of my glutes. The "muffin" part! LOL! Highly reccomended!