Simplicity is important in any meal plan, but especially in a salad. People tend to throw in any green thing. Make choices that optimize flavor. This green pepper salad is a light and refreshing addition to any meal. Serve it hot or cold. Add more vegetables if you like—just remember that the calories can add up.
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup barley
- 2 whole green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ onion, finely diced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian dressing
- ¼ tsp garlic, pureed
- Boil water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the barley and then cover and let cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the green peppers and dice the onion. Chop up parsley and then add ingredients to the cooked barley.
- Fluff with a fork to combine.
- In another bowl, combine together the olive oil, Italian salad dressing, and garlic.
- Drizzle over the mixture and then stir before serving.