Don't just "survive" the holiday season; harness the holidays and use them to your fitness advantage! Give thanks for the anabolic powers of extra food, added rest, and increased time to train like a machine. Eat quality calories, push your workouts to the limit, and become a #holidayhulk.
Holiday Muscle Meals
Sure, you eat plenty of Thanksgiving bird to help you bulk, but what about the side dishes? Turn your holiday feast into major gains with these five smart, satisfying sides!
Hearty Protein Cornbread
Warm, homemade cornbread—flakey, buttery, and oh so easy to load up on! This year, try this recipe and pass the cornbread basket around the table a couple of times guilt free. It satisfies your muscles and your appetite!
Labrada LeanPro 8 Protein 1.5 scoops
Cornmeal 1 cup
Corn Flour or (Oat Flour. creating by blending Oatmeal) 1/2 cup
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Baking Powder 2 tsp
Greek Yogurt 1 cup
Honey (Organic or Raw) 2 tbsp
Corn (drained, not creamed) 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract (optional) 1 tbsp
Pepitas (raw, unsalted, optional) 3 tbsp
Dried Cranberries (for topping, optional)
- Set oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together with a fork. I recommend using a sifter when adding protein powder, corn meal, and corn flour in order to remove all lumps.
- In another bowl, mix together egg and Greek yogurt with a hand mixer until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix with the hand mixer.
- Add honey and corn to the mixture. Blend with the hand mixer. Toss in pepitas and mix together until smooth.
- Spray your muffin pan with a little nonstick cooking spray. Pour your cornmeal mixture into the pan. You can add a few dried cranberries to the top of the cornbread for added flavor.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick that you stick in the center of it comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving, but remember, cornbread is best served hot and fresh out of the oven.
Serving Size 1 muffin Recipe yields 10
Hardcore Holiday Workouts
Make the most of your holiday feast. Get off your glutes, get to the gym, and build some serious muscle with one of these four hardcore leg-training challenges!
Two of my early mentors as a teenage bodybuilder were Craig Toth and Mitch Hodge, who introduced me to "the Kill." Don't scoff at the name; the Kill will destroy you. Nearly 10 years later, I still regret taking a couple of clients through this workout. It's a brutal 15-minute session that will sap your legs and leave you breathless.
Grab a training partner, push yourself hard, and make sure every repetition is difficult. This workout won't take very long to perform, but it may take you several days to recover.
Get All The Seam- Splitting Leg Workouts Get More Workouts!
Holiday Supplement Deals
Don't let the holiday season derail your fitness goals! Instead, supercharge your gains with heavy lifting, extra rest, and proper supplementation. Supplements will never replace hard training and smart nutrition, but they will support your intense work. Take advantage of these killer deals on protein, pre-workouts, creatine, amino acids, and more!
Extra Holiday Motivation
The holidays bring together friends and family. Take a cue from these 23 fit best friends and train with the people you love most for extra workout motivation!
Check Out All The Fit Friends Get More Motivation!