Warm, homemade cornbread—flakey, buttery, and oh so easy to load up on! This year, try this recipe and pass the cornbread basket around the table a couple of times without guilt. It satisfies your muscles and your appetite!
- 1½ scoop lean Pro 8 protein
- 1 cup cornmeal, whole-grain, yellow
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup corn
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ tbsp corn flour
- Set oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together with a fork. I recommend using a sifter when adding protein powder, corn meal, and corn flour in order to remove all lumps.
- In another bowl, mix together egg and Greek yogurt with a hand mixer until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix with the hand mixer.
- Add honey and corn to the mixture. Blend with the hand mixer. Toss in pepitas and mix together until smooth.
- Spray your muffin pan with a little nonstick cooking spray. Pour your cornmeal mixture into the pan. You can add a few dried cranberries to the top of the cornbread for added flavor.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick that you stick in the center of it comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving, but remember, cornbread is best served hot and fresh out of the oven.