2010 Military Contest Winner Elijah Maine
What Is Your Goal?
My goal is to take bodybuilding to the Military and use my knowledge to train my fellow Seabees and Sailors to help them reach their goals as well. Knowledge is meant to be shared and used for the best. I will succeed!
Click To Enlarge.
My Goal Is To Take Bodybuilding In The Military And Use
My Knowledge To Train My Fellow Seabees And Sailors.
How Did You Accomplish Your Goal?
I dedicate my life to my country and bodybuilding! I turn to bodybuilding.com for answers as well as to help people out the best I can! After being deployed to Afghanistan, and Iraq three times over the past 7 years, I have realized how important it is to keep your foundation and gather up the knowledge gained to help build yourself the best possible body and help others build theirs!
Note: Supplement dosages and schedule listed below in Diet section.
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey
- 2 slices Ezekiel Bread
- 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 caps of Ornithine
- 2 caps of Arginine
- 12 Egg Whites
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 cup Oats
- 12 oz Chicken Breast
- 1 Banana
- 1 serving Spinach Salad
- 2 scoops Glutamine
- 12 oz of Chicken Breast
- 1 cup sauteed or steamed Broccoli
- 10 oz Tilapia
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread
- 1 tsp low-sugar Jelly
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Back
- Pull-ups: 2 warm-up sets of 50 reps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 20 reps, 4 heavy sets of 5 reps
- Wide-Grip Pull-downs: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Close-Grip Seated Rows: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Hyperextenions: 2 sets of 100 reps
Day 2: Chest/Abs
- Dips: 2 warm-up sets of 50 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 8 sets of 15 reps
- Heavy Decline Bench Press: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Cable Flyes: 5 sets of 25 reps
- Push-ups: 2 sets of 100 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 6 sets of 25 reps
Day 3: Legs/Abs
- Walking Lunges: 1 warm-up set of 200 yds
- Squats: 10 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 8 sets of 40 reps, each leg
- Stiff-Legged Deadlifts: 5 sets of 25 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 8 sets of 25 reps
- Cable Crunches: 6 sets of 25 reps
Day 4: Delts/Abs
- Upright Rows: 2 warm-up sets of 50 reps
- Behind-the-Back Shrugs/Upright Rows: 6 sets of 20 reps
- Side Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 20 reps, repeat 3 times
- Rear-Delt Flyes: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Leg Lifts: 2 sets of 100 reps
Day 5: Biceps/Triceps/Abs
- Tricep Dips on Bench: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Straight Barbell Curls: 115lbs, 6 sets of 15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Curls: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Rope Push-downs: 4 sets to failure
- V-ups: 5 sets of 25 reps
Day 6: Cardio
- 10 mile Run outside
Day 7: Rest
For cardio Monday-Friday I do about 2-3 hours of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at REMIX Alan "The Talent" Belcher's MMA club.