Shoulders are her favorite body part to train, and for good reason: Nicole Wilkins has shoulders most guys envy!
While rocking to Rihanna, Nicole has sculpted a winning body. Literally. She scored a number of first place wins in IFBB Figure competitions, including the 2011 and 2012 Arnold Classic, Tournament of Champions, 2009 and 2011 Olympia, and Sheru Classic. She recently stormed the 2012 Olympia, but was overtaken at that venerable competition by her long-time rival Erin Stern. That finish will push Nicole through the offseason, as if she needed more motivation.
One doesn't get a rap sheet that impressive by training like a princess. Nicole lives a disciplined lifestyle and trains like a champion. Even if you aren't planning to sport your stuff onstage, Nicole's shoulder workout is an effective way to get that rounded, tapered, sexy look. #iwant
Nicole Wilkins - Olympian Shoulders
Watch The Video - 13:49
Barbell Shoulder Press Tips
- Don't take too much time to recover; rest only as long as it takes you to do a set.
- Nicole lifts as heavy as she can, but she never sacrifices form for weight.
Single-Arm Lateral Cable Raise Tips
- After doing a compound lift like the shoulder press, Nicole likes to isolate the anterior, lateral, and posterior muscles of her shoulders.
She likes to hit cables because they provide tension across a move's full range of motion.
- Increase weight for your second set. If you feel your form failing on the last set, drop the weight.
Upright Barbell Row Tips
- This lift hits the middle delt, so it's great to do after the lateral raise.
- Do these exercises slowly and with control. Don't go too heavy, or your traps will take
up the burden -- you want the focus to be on your shoulders.
Cable Reverse Flye Tips
- A lot of people neglect the rear delts, simply because they can't see them. Nicole does
two rear delt exercises to ensure her shoulders are built for competition.
- After the third set, drop the weight and do eight more reps.
- Do a few stretches between your sets.
Rear Delt Raise Tips
- For this exercise, you can do the same weight for all three sets.
- You don't always have to train to failure, but finish your workout strong.