What makes a better breakfast than a protein-packed omelet? Nothing! Everybody should learn how to make an omelet. Start with this one, and then you can make your own unique touches as you get more confident!
- ¼ cup zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 whole mushroom
- 2 whole egg
- 2 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole whole wheat soft tortillas
- In a nonstick pan and over medium heat, sauté zucchini, bell pepper, and mushrooms for 6-8 minutes, or until soft.`
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
- Pour egg mixture into pan over sautéed veggies.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Once the egg is mostly set, fold in half and cook for another 3-4 minutes flipping halfway.
- If desired, place the omelet into wrap.