Although chicken and turkey are staples in most fit diets, you don't have to make the same meat choices over and over. Veal is delicious, and squash is a nutrient-dense vegetable that belongs in anyone's healthy nutrition plan!
- 1 lb veal
- 1 tsp, leaves oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup butternut squash, baked
- 1 tsp, leaves thyme
- 1 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, parmesan, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix well
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Squash is ready when there's a golden crust and it's tender inside.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and oregano over veal cutlets, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook cutlets for 2-4 minutes on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Drizzle over cooked veal.