"Start the day by making a romantic breakfast with these sexy red velvet pancakes," Lawrence suggests. "If you really want to be special, use a cookie cutter to cut the pancakes into hearts."
- 1 cup ground oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cup club soda
- 3 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp nonfat milk
- Preheat the pancake griddle or skillet to 350 degrees F, or to medium heat.
- Grease cooking surface with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, quickly mix together all the ingredients, except for glaze ingredients. Don't overmix the batter.
- Pour about 1/4-cup pancake batter onto hot pan or griddle. Cook until bubbles form on surface, then flip and cook the other side for an additional minute or so.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Glaze Directions: Mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread glaze on top of cooked pancakes. Add sugar-free maple syrup if desired.
- Serve hot.