Don't waste time and money stopping at your local drive-thru for a breakfast burrito. Too often, what you're getting for your $5 (or far more) is a cheap flour tortilla, low-quality hot sauce, and eggs that came from who-knows-where. Take control of your burrito! Spend a few minutes on the weekend concocting your own custom, portable breakfast packed with ingredients you can be confident in. This version has plenty of protein and is loaded with an abundance of colorful veggies. It's a nutrient powerhouse sure to help you tackle the day ahead.
- 10 egg
- 1¼ cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup, chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 whole wheat soft tortillas
- Scramble eggs and veggies to desired consistency.
- Mix in shredded cheese, spices of choice, and spinach near the end of the cooking process.
- Take eggs off of heat.
- Add 1/5 of egg and vegetable scramble to a tortilla.
- Wrap tortilla in foil and place on plate. Repeat for the remaining four tortillas.
- Cover plate with foil and place in the refrigerator.
- Upon waking, place desired number of tortillas on a microwave-safe dish and heat for 60-90 seconds. Just make sure to remove the foil!
- Rewrap the tortilla in the foil and go!