Looking for an approach that allows you to make multiple meals at once with minimal clean-up? Try the omelet in a bag!
- 4 whole egg
- ¼ cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup, chopped green bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Fill a pot two-thirds full of water and place it on high heat on the stove until it boils.
- Combine the eggs, peppers, cheese, and seasonings to a freezer bag. Remove all of the air from the bag, and zip it tight.
- Add the bag to the boiling water, and set the timer for 13 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the bag throughout the cooking time, and be sure to keep the bag in the water the entire time.
- After 13 minutes, carefully remove the bag from the boiling water. Be cautious of steam when opening the bag. The omelet should slide right out onto your plate.
- Top with salsa or avocado and enjoy!
- Low-Fat Option: Use 8 egg whites or 1 cup liquid egg whites in place of the eggs. You could try more, but truth be told, I have only tried this recipe with up to four whole eggs or 1 cup of whites. Adding much more of either type of egg may overwhelm the bag and ruin the entire meal.