If you're craving something sweet but tangy, this teriyaki bison should do the trick! Quick to prepare, these steaks are accompanied by a flavorful teriyaki sauce that's low in both calories and sugar. Serve alongside a brown rice pilaf.
- 9 oz bison steak
- 1 whole red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp low-sugar ketchup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ cup powdered Stevia
- 2 tbsp onion soup mix powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat in a skillet. Be careful not to burn garlic.
- 3. Add peppers, onion, and steak, and pan fry for about 2 minutes per side. Transfer steak and vegetables to an oven-proof dish.
- 4. Prepare teriyaki sauce by thoroughly mixing together ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, stevia, and onion soup mix.
- 5. Pour teriyaki sauce over steak and vegetables, and bake for 4-6 minutes, depending on how well done you like your steak.
- 6. Serve immediately.