If it's a sweet burger you crave, this turkey burger recipe is sure to fit the bill. Apples bring in a refreshing change of pace, while giving you an added dose of fiber your body is sure to love. The ground turkey supplies the protein, while the avocado on top provides plenty of healthy fats. Serve this any day of the week for a quick and delicious meal that's ready in under 20 minutes.
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup raw oats
- 2 whole gala apples, sliced
- 1 tbsp, leaves thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup, pureed avocado
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- Combine the ground turkey breast, red onion, oats, apples, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Once well mixed, form into four patties.
- In another bowl, mix together the avocado, honey, Dijon mustard, and diced red pepper. Set aside.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side. You can also pan-fry these in a little olive oil if you prefer.
- Once the burgers are golden, remove and serve with some of the Dijon mustard sauce on top.