Oatmeal should be a morning staple of every fitness enthusiast's diet. It's high in complex carbs, low in sugar, and provides a good dose of fiber. When it comes to oatmeal varieties, steel cut is best. It takes a while to cook it on a stovetop, but with an Instant Pot, it happens fast!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 small apple, red
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 to taste powdered Stevia
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Turn on Instant Pot to porridge setting and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add oats, almond milk, cinnamon, and Stevia to pot.
- Close lid and cook on manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done and the pot beeps, use the natural pressure release method and let the oats sit about 10 more minutes.
- When pressure is released, remove lid, stir in the applesauce and apples, and let stand for 5 more minutes without lid to thicken and soften the apples slightly. Top with walnuts before serving.