If you're looking for a way to spice up your routine chicken breast recipe, then give this recipe a try! I must warn you, though: You may never eat a regular chicken breast again! It's also highly likely that you'll spend the rest of your days trying to make each attempt of this recipe better than the last!
- 6 oz chicken breast
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 small whole (2-2/5" dia) tomato, diced
- 2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese
- ½ cup brown rice
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breast down the middle to make it look like a butterfly; be careful not to slice all the way through the chicken breast.
- Season the chicken breast with your choice of seasonings.
- Open the chicken breast and, on one side, layer spinach, tomato slices, and feta cheese.
- Fold the chicken breast like a sandwich and use toothpicks to hold the chicken breast closed.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken breast is completely cooked.
- Cook brown rice and add garlic and diced onion for extra flavor.
- Plate chicken and brown rice.