If you like it spicy, this recipe is right up your alley. Chili peppers, jalapenos, and salsa turn ground turkey into a zesty meal. Throw the meatballs in some tomato sauce, or plate them with vegetables and a complex carb. They're also perfect to pack as a lunch.
- 1½ lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 1 whole egg
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup raw oats
- 2 tbsp jalapeno pepper, diced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ whole green pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into medium-sized meatballs.
- Set meatballs in a baking dish.
- Place dish in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with added salsa.