If you love Indian food, you'll love this spicy lentil curry. It's relatively low in fat and provides a hearty dose of complex carbohydrates. Serve it alongside a chicken breast for added protein.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp ginger, minced
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 6 whole green pepper, chopped
- 4 whole carrot, shredded
- 1 whole sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and curry paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, ginger, garlic, sweet potatoes, lentils, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until lentils are fully cooked.
- Squeeze lime juice into curry, stir, and serve topped with green onions.