This burger is loaded with heart-healthy fats that support lean body composition and offer a bevy of additional benefits to your skin, circulation, and overall health. Many people reach for canned tuna for fish-based burgers, but canned salmon can work even better.
- 1 can drained solids (total) canned salmon
- ¼ cup raw oats
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup spinach
- Remove bones and skin from salmon.
- Combine the salmon, oats, lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Form into patties and then press sesame seeds into them.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook patties, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve on the whole wheat bun with spinach leaves and mustard if desired.