Pomegranates contain a very high dose of antioxidants, which combat free radical damage and oxidation. It's also rich in dietary fiber as well as vitamin C. The nuts deliver healthy fat and even more fiber, while giving the recipe a delicious crunchy texture. Protein, fats, and fiber make for a super-simple super dish.
- 1¼ lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- ¼ cup arils (seed/juice sacs) pomegranate
- ¼ cup, chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, oil, salt, and pepper until well coated.
- Spread Brussels sprouts evenly across a large sheet pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Fully cooked, the Brussels sprouts should be golden brown, crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside.
- Top finished Brussels sprouts with pomegranate, almonds, and hazelnuts, and serve.