Plain cheese pizza may not be the most protein-packed food on its own, but that doesn't mean you can't power it up! A traditional meat-lover's pizza is high in protein, but it's also laden with fatty cuts of meat. Try this three-headed protein monster for a leaner, meaner alternative!
- ½ cup egg whites
- ½ cup(s) unflavored whey protein powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 egg
- ¼ lb chicken breast
- ¼ lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 6 strip turkey bacon
- 1 cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- Blend the crust ingredients together using a food processor until you get a thick pancake-like batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan over high heat and drizzle with grapeseed oil. Once the oil begins to sizzle, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add half of the batter to the pan, spreading it on the surface of the pan. Aim for a thickness of no more than 1/3 inch. Check the bottom of the crust frequently for doneness with a spatula, then flip and finish cooking.
- Transfer the crust to a baking sheet, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread tomato paste to within 1/4 inch of the crust's edges, then distribute the chicken and ground turkey (pre-cooked) across the entire pizza. Crack each egg on the pizza, and top with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 4-8 minutes, or until the eggs reach desired doneness.