Craving a granola bar but don't want the processed carbs that comes with it? These lentil bars can be an excellent substitute. Rich in protein, healthy carbohydrates, and the right fats to fuel your day, they're an excellent option for those especially busy days when you need an energy boost.
- ½ cup dried lentils
- 1 cup raw oats
- 2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- Rinse lentils and place in a pot along with 1 cup of water.
- Bring water to a boil and cover.
- Simmer lentils for 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft and all the water is absorbed.
- Mash cooked lentils with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed lentils.
- Mix well and press into a baking pan lined with baking paper, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove pan from refrigerator, slice mixture into bars, and serve.
- To save bars for later, let cool completely then wrap individually in plastic wrap. Keep refrigerated.