This recipe works with casein or protein blends—it makes the ice cream even creamier! If you use other types of protein, you may have to add a couple of tablespoons of milk to the mix if it's too thick.
- 1 small (6" to 6-7/8" long) banana, frozen
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup banana or vanilla protein powder
- Using a food processor, handheld blender, or mixer, blend all ingredients together. Don't use a whisk or spoon because the aim is to end up with a mixture that's creamy, not lumpy.
- Place the mixture in a Tupperware container and stick it in the freezer for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the container and give the ice cream a good stir. You want to make sure that it freezes evenly. Think of yourself as a human ice cream machine.
- Put container back in the freezer. Wait for another hour before taking it out and giving it another churn.
- Repeat steps three and four until the ice cream is nicely set and ready to be munched with gusto.