Fruit is unnecessarily ignored at many barbecues and burger bonanzas. Let's right that wrong! This unique pineapple turkey burger finally brings fruit and meat together. The pineapple adds sweet juice to the turkey and will engage your taste buds in a whirl of flavor. Pineapple contains beneficial digestive enzymes, as well.
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 3 tbsp raw oats
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- ½ cup pineapple, raw
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 4 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- Combine ground turkey, oats, pineapple juice, pineapple chunks, with diced onion.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet (or on a grill) on medium heat and once bubbling, lay the burgers in the skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked.
- Once there's about one minute left on the second side, layer the cheese on top and cook until melted.
- Serve on top of the buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and onion slices if desired.