Consume an extra dose of vitamins and added protein with this pea-and-egg rich guacamole.
- 4 avocado
- 1⅓ cup peas
- ⅔ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup, chopped or sliced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 hard-boiled egg
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pits, and place avocado meat in a bowl.
- Puree peas in food processor.
- Mash avocados with a fork, and mix in pea puree.
- Mix in red onion, diced tomato, diced jalapeno, cumin, salt, pepper, and fresh-squeezed lime juice.
- Add cilantro and chopped egg whites. Mix well.
- Serve with celery, bell peppers, or corn chips.