Just when you thought you knew every peanut-butter trick in the book, this burger comes along. Peanut butter can work in either sweet or savory dishes, and this delicious version of a classic proves it. Seasoned with salt and pepper and topped with rich, smoky bacon and cheddar cheese, these peanut butter burgers are an easy, mouth-watering addition to any backyard barbecue. You'll never look at a burger the same way again!
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 1 tbsp, ground pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz applewood smoked bacon
- 3 serving whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 3 slice (1 oz) low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1½ serving (2 tbsp) PBfit peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the grill.
- Whisk together the egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the ground beef and mix with your hands to combine the ingredients gently. Form into 3 patties.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon strips on medium-high heat until crispy.
- Place the patties on the preheated grill. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes per side or to the desired doneness.
- Remove the cooked burgers from the heat and let them rest 3-5 minutes.
- While the burgers are resting, lightly toast the buns and then turn off the grill.
- Whisk the PBfit and water together in a small bowl.
- For each bun, dress each side with the PBfit mixture, and place a slice of cheese on the bottom bun. Place a cooked burger on top of the cheese and top with 1/3 of the cooked bacon. Add any desired condiments such as lettuce, onion, tomatoes, or pickles.