As her day is winding down, Ziggy likes to taper her calories and begin reducing carbohydrate intake, especially starchy carbs. "A lighter [lower-calorie] dinner packed with more vegetables is perfect for me," she explains. "In the evening, I don't necessarily want a traditional carbohydrate with my meal, since I usually eat starches throughout the day."
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz salmon fillet
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- 2 cup organic mixed greens
- Place the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet and heat on medium high.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper and set it in the pan skin-side down and cook, without moving, until the sides are cooked just past halfway up the fillets.
- Flip the fillet skin-side down and cook until the sides are fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat for a medium-rare temperature. Let the salmon cool slightly.
- Serve the salmon over a bed of mixed greens and sprinkle the pico de gallo over top.