A scrumptious combination of oats, low-fat protein, and your favorite fruit and healthy-fat toppings is a surefire way to begin the day with a boost of energy. But you don't need to sit there waiting for water to boil, or eat all the sugar that usually comes in instant oatmeal packets. This macro-friendly meal is customizable to your goals and is definitely up to the task of providing you with long-lasting energy and the satisfaction of a delicious meal. Pro tip: If you enjoy the taste of coffee and crave caffeine to start your day, brew a pot of coffee during the preparation period and add in place of the milk.
- ½ cup raw oats
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 200 g strawberries, sliced
- to taste cinnamon
- Combine the first three ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in one scoop of protein.
- Top with fresh strawberries and a dash of cinnamon.
- Place in a covered container and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Enjoy cold or warm in the morning!