For something original, try this oriental noodle bowl. Many oriental dishes served at popular fast food chains are loaded with MSG, fat and sometimes sugar, but this soup offers wholesome nutrition.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 container 32 oz low-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup chopped carrots, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ cup snow peas
- 1 cup stalk celery
- 10 oz shrimp
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 8 oz bean sprouts, canned
- 6 oz. rice vermicelli
- Begin by heating olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger and saut? for three minutes. Add broth, carrots, celery, snow peas, carrots and broccoli - bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Next, add noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add shrimp and simmer covered for 5-6 minutes.
- Finally, stir in soy sauce, sprinkle with pepper and top with bean sprouts.