A great alternative to sugary banana bread, this oatmeal protein bake can be flavored with a variety of fruits. Even the kids will love it!
- 2 cup raw oats
- 4 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered Stevia
- 4 egg whites
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cup, sliced banana
- 4 whole strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- In another medium bowl mix together wet ingredients except fruit.
- Spray an 8" or 8.5" round or square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Line the bottom of the round baking pan with one of the thinly-sliced bananas.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients - make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Pour mixture on top the layer of sliced bananas.
- Cover with remaining sliced banana and sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown, or inserted knife comes out clean.