Not only is salmon packed with protein, it's also full of healthy fats and nutrients. By all accounts, salmon is one of the best protein sources to add to your diet, but it can be difficult to cook and enjoy. It often takes trial and error to get your salmon recipe just right. I can save you time and heartache by sharing one of the easiest, tastiest recipes for salmon I know. You'll likely already have all of the ingredients in your refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 5 oz wild salmon
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ lemon yields lemon juice
- 1½ cup asparagus
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- Set oven to 405 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon to completely cover it. For better flavor, place the marinating salmon in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and top with slices of lemon (if desired). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut the bottom stems off the asparagus spears.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and lightly spray with coconut or olive oil (if desired).
- Toss the asparagus and garlic in the skillet and sear for about 5 minutes, rolling the asparagus so that all sides are seared.
- Plate asparagus with salmon and eat up!